Tips To Help You Practice Mindfulness
What is Mindfulness?
Simply put mindfulness is the practice of observing our thoughts as they arise without any judgement or criticism and simply letting those thoughts pass by like the wave of an ocean.
Easy right? Actually it can be extremely challenging for us to implement as we are conditioned to judge and criticize ourselves.
This can lead us to feel anxious and depressed and hopeless.
Tips to help increase mindfulness
- Live in the moment - Try to be in the present moment. Worrying about the past and or future creates more stress and clouds your present response and feelings.
- Accept yourself - Try to practice self love. Often we are our worst critic and we ruminate with negative thinking patterns that can destroy our self esteem. We often feel shame and guilt when we judge ourselves.
- Focus on your breathing - This is a very important tool that can help you stay in the moment. Getting more oxygen to your brain by breathing deeply will in turn send a message to your body to slow down and relax.
- Slow down - And pay attention to your surroundings and how your actions are affecting yourself and those around you.
- Meditate - Can ease anxiety and help increase a sense of calm, peace and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and your overall health.
- Leave the Judgement - Stop judging yourself. Self judgment can deplete our inner strength, our confidence and our sense of self.
- Label your emotions - Labelling our emotions is an important first step with dealing with them. However, this is harder that it sounds; many of us struggle to identify exactly what we feel, and often the most obvious label isn't actually the most accurate one.
How do I use my MeditationRing to reduce stress & anxiety?
You probably find that in anxiety inducing situations you end up fidgeting in search for some comfort; playing with your hair, fiddling with your necklace or you are riddled with negative thoughts. Our MeditationRings can help simply by spinning the band between your fingers you will feel a calming effect, helping to focus your thoughts as you turn the bands.
Leave a comment